Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Song Pt. II

Okay, after much soul searching (or obsessive thought), I have decided the truly, "My Song" is Wannabe by the Spice Girls. I love that song. I can't really explain why, but it hits that spot in my soul -- my happy, goofy, bad singing spot. It is a song completely without merit by a "band" completely without merit. But my soul loves it and it makes me do the dance of joy. (Oh, quit frontin' -- you know all the lyrics too.)

My soul is also full of joy because today I purchased an iPod Shuffle. Yes, children are starving right here in Portland, but, my god, I cannot make the 4-hour bus drive to Stanfield, OR, and back without something to listen to and J has our iPod. When I ignore (or suppress) the guilt, I am full of glee. It's so tiny! I have named it Snuffle the Shuffle, as J accidentally (or on purpose) referred to it as such in an e-mail today. And our iPod is named iPid. We're not so original with the name thing. Our kids will be named Davy and Dave Davidson. Anyway, back to my Shuffle glee -- I have loaded some Planned Parenthood pod casts (in preparation for my interview next week with them!), This American Life pod casts, the Dava Sobel book Longitude, some excellent '80s tunes (Talking Heads, The Pretenders and the Donnie Darko soundtrack) and, wait for it, Insight: Case Files from the Psychic World by world reknowned psychic Sylvia Brown (yes, you've seen her on Montell). I am full up on the glee. Greyhound, here I come!

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my fourth generation greyscale ipod. And while there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I keep hoping it'll break so I can buy one of the brand new ipods.

I also have a broken mini ipod in my truck, it serves as a 4 gig jukebox while I'm driving. It lives in the glove box, and I control it with the stereo in the dashboard! Technology is wonderful.