Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Move to WaWa Update

So, you may have been wondering what the heck is happening with my move to Walla Walla (or WaWa, as I call it). I haven't posted because plans seem to change on a daily basis. I'm still planning to move. J's been living out there and working since November. Our house has not yet sold, thought we did lower the price yesterday, so fingers crossed. J tried to find apartment for us in WaWa, but to no avail. The few that will rent to those with pets are utter crap holes and cost $900/month. We could get a second mortgage, so we could buy a house there, but it wouldn't be for a lot and the cheaper houses in WaWa are also utter crap. And, I still haven't found a job. I was asked back for a second interview at a place I will not name in case I am hired there, but they are taking their sweet time scheduling it. Luckily, my current job is in no rush to see me go, so I still have employment and the paycheck that comes with it.

But, it's hard living this way, though I am more fortunate that J who has to reside in a crappy hotel room and drive 8 hours each weekend through windy mountain passes to be with his family. I'm lonely -- I desperately want something to cuddle (my kitties are the cuddle on their own terms kind). I want some stability. And, damn it, I want a plan. I'm a planner at heart, and it's been such a struggle not knowing from day to day what's going on. I've had moments of joy, especially with being able to live the single life without needing to date. And I'm learning to take things as they come and breathe. But it's still hard. Many people at work have been asking about my move -- I know it's because they care, but their inquiries are also a constant reminder that I am still living without my husband, no one's bidding on the house, I have no job and no real plans to speak of. So, I'm a little depressed this week and just trying to be gentle with myself.

No comments: