Friday, December 08, 2006

J: Do NOT Read This

And he won't -- one of the reasons I love him so.

I am so excited, I just had to share. So, J is coming home for the first time in two weeks tonight. Tomorrow, we have the whole day free, minus a pesky car related chore. To celebrate this day of togetherness, I have planned a whole day of fun, which will hopefully go something like this:
  • 8:30 am: drop the car off at the shop
  • 10:30 am: view the Egyptian exhibit at the Portland Art Museum
  • Noonish: lunch at Chipotle
  • 1:30 pm: listen to the Festival of Tubas at Pioneer Court House Square
  • 3 pm-ish: pick up the car
  • 5 pm-ish: watch the Christmas holiday fleet (non-military) float down the Willamette while sipping hot bevvies
  • 7 pm-ish: dinner of fake duck filets and asparagus risotto
  • 8 pm-ish: dessert of red wine and dark chocolate while watching episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • 10 pm-ish: none of your beeswax

I'm so proud of myself. Of course, planning a whole day of fun activities during December isn't all the hard, since something is always happening. But, I am proud I found stuff for us to do the whole day that I think we will really enjoy.

On Sunday, I get to bake with Ms. H (she's in for a treat -- I'm a terrible baker) , go to a craft fest with her and then have a Ladies holiday gathering at her place with our two favorite fellow MPAers (we were all in the same Master's of Public Administration program at PSU). Yay! I love it when weekends are exciting and not just about dreading Monday.

1 comment:

Nanimal said...

Oh, I wish I was baking with you two... sigh. I need a private jet. Ha.