I am so excited, I just had to share. So, J is coming home for the first time in two weeks tonight. Tomorrow, we have the whole day free, minus a pesky car related chore. To celebrate this day of togetherness, I have planned a whole day of fun, which will hopefully go something like this:
- 8:30 am: drop the car off at the shop
- 10:30 am: view the Egyptian exhibit at the Portland Art Museum
- Noonish: lunch at Chipotle
- 1:30 pm: listen to the Festival of Tubas at Pioneer Court House Square
- 3 pm-ish: pick up the car
- 5 pm-ish: watch the Christmas holiday fleet (non-military) float down the Willamette while sipping hot bevvies
- 7 pm-ish: dinner of fake duck filets and asparagus risotto
- 8 pm-ish: dessert of red wine and dark chocolate while watching episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- 10 pm-ish: none of your beeswax
I'm so proud of myself. Of course, planning a whole day of fun activities during December isn't all the hard, since something is always happening. But, I am proud I found stuff for us to do the whole day that I think we will really enjoy.
On Sunday, I get to bake with Ms. H (she's in for a treat -- I'm a terrible baker) , go to a craft fest with her and then have a Ladies holiday gathering at her place with our two favorite fellow MPAers (we were all in the same Master's of Public Administration program at PSU). Yay! I love it when weekends are exciting and not just about dreading Monday.