Friday, December 08, 2006

CariDee Wins!

If you recall from this post, I love me some America's Next Top Model. On Wednesday, they selected a winner, and it was CariDee (the gal on the left), the gal I was rooting for, because, essentially, she's hot and seems to have a fun personality (though this somewhat manufactured by the show's editors, I'm sure).

While I love this show mainly for the mello-drama (most girls kicked off the show say they wanted to win more than anyone and there are always lots of tears), I found this round to be a little intellectually stimulating as well. The final two contestants were, of course, CariDee, and another woman, Melrose. (For those of you who don't know, she's not the gal on the right; that's Tyra Banks, the show's somewhat freaky host.) Technically, Melrose performed the best throughout the contest -- she won the most challenges, consistently took the best photos, performed well on the cat walk. However, she is not traditionally beautiful, she's a bit condescending and quite the perfectionist. However, she performed the best, in my opinion. So, who should have won -- the beautiful, funny, somewhat unpredictable girl or the more talented, perhaps not so nice model? Obviously, the judges went with the beauty and niceness, and I'm glad, 'cause I liked her, but I'm not sure they made the right decision. Not that it matters at all, expect maybe to Melrose, but I found it interesting.

The new ANTP starts next week, but I don't think I'll be watching -- I'm too mellow-dramaed out from this season and need to take a break. But I think it's being filmed in Britain with British gals, which could serve as an interesting compare/contrast against the American ladies. Hmmm...I think I just changed my own mind.

No comments: