Anyhoo, these are the rules I try to adhere to remain a sane, social human being while also being a F-TP:
- Change you underwear every day, even if it's 4 pm by the time you get around to it.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Shower every other day (in my dry climate, showering daily wreaks havoc on my skin).
- When leaving the house, look presentable (and by this, I mean cultivate a look that would not leave you embarrassed if you ran into someone you know); if you're not working out, do NOT wear sweats!
- Pick one area of your physical appearance to cultivate - hair, face, etc. I have chosen hair and try to have it look neat, if not stylish, when I leave my home.
- Leave the house once a day, even if it's just to go to the mailbox (if just going to the mailbox, you don't have to dress up).
- Exercise daily for 30 min. (walking the dog counts).
There you are. These are my rules for me. I encourage any F-TP to create their own set of rules to function by. The importance of these rules, for me, is to keep me at a level of functionality in the world around me. Otherwise, I could become a total sweats-wearing, stinky hermit.