Friday, December 03, 2010

Cora's Rules for Being a F-TP

What's an F-TP, you ask?  Full-time Parent.  I hate the phrase Stay-at-home Mom because it feels so claustrophobic.  And, really, I don't think F-TP fully describes what I do each day, since I also manage the household - doing the chores, paying bills, grocery shopping, cooking meals, etc.

Anyhoo, these are the rules I try to adhere to remain a sane, social human being while also being a F-TP:

  • Change you underwear every day, even if it's 4 pm by the time you get around to it.
  • Brush your teeth twice a day.
  • Shower every other day (in my dry climate, showering daily wreaks havoc on my skin).
  • When leaving the house, look presentable (and by this, I mean cultivate a look that would not leave you embarrassed if you ran into someone you know); if you're not working out, do NOT wear sweats!
  • Pick one area of your physical appearance to cultivate - hair, face, etc.  I have chosen hair and try to have it look neat, if not stylish, when I leave my home.
  • Leave the house once a day, even if it's just to go to the mailbox (if just going to the mailbox, you don't have to dress up).
  • Exercise daily for 30 min. (walking the dog counts).
There you are.  These are my rules for me.  I encourage any F-TP to create their own set of rules to function by.  The importance of these rules, for me, is to keep me at a level of functionality in the world around me.  Otherwise, I could become a total sweats-wearing, stinky hermit.

1 comment:

Nanimal said...

love this list... I think I will make one as well