Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You can listen to my radio show!

I just learned that 90.5 KWCW (where I do my radio show) streams its programming, which means you can listen to VOX ROX via the internet live as it's happening. Here's how:

Just visit www.kwcw.net and click on Listen In! on the bottom right of the page. A little menu will pop up, offering you the options to Find, Save or Cancel - click Save and save to your desktop (or wherever). Then open a player (Winamp works - you can download it here) and through the player, open the document you downloaded (in Winamp, click on File, then Play File). The station should then start streaming through the player (in Winamp, the station will be saved to the player, so you won't need to keep doing this).

Note - I believe streaming music this way takes up a ton of bandwidth, so if you're listening on your work's network, you might want to check with your IT department first.

So, when's my show you ask. Thursdays, from 1 to 3 pm PST.

And what's the show about you ask. Reproductive justice, sexual health and all things Planned Parenthood. It's co-hosted by me and Erin, my intern. We do a lot of talking, but also play some good tunes.

Tune in, if you can. We'd love to have you.

No comments: