Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Geeking Out

I've got a gig as a DJ, as in disc jockey, as in on the radio. KWCW 90.5 FM Walla Walla. The local college (Whitman) radio station. The show will be Thursdays from 1 to 3 pm. Why I'm telling you this, I don't know, since they don't stream their programming. But, just in case you are in range, and it's Thursday, and it's 1 pm.

The show is about reproductive rights, sexual health and the organization I work for (which shall remain nameless, so I don't get fired and/or sued) and will include music by pro-choice artists.

And I'm doing the first show all by myself. Which at first freaked me out, because I've never done a radio show before. But now I'm geeking out. I made an opener for the show using the beginning of Le Tigre's On the Verge and my voice (thanks to Mac Garage Band). I've drawn up a play list, which will feature Le Tigre, of course, Rage Against the Machine, Sleater-Kinney, Moby, the Dixie Chicks, Duncan Sheik, the Indigo Girls and Cabaret for Choice.

And I'm typing up an entire script. I think this is why I'm not so nervous anymore -- I'll be the only one at the mic and will know pretty much what I'm going to say, unlike if I was actually doing it with my co-host. Not to say she's not super articulate and good with staying on-point, but I think for me to get through this without hurling/my head exploding, I need to have the most control possible. I can go more free flow the second show.

Anyway, wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes.

And, added bonus -- cute Bella picture, entitled Dog Patiently Awaiting Pets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be Awesome!! Excellent idea writing a script.

1.5 months to Wa Wa time!

And 3 days until it's the summer of Buffy...