Tuesday, June 19, 2007

San Fran

Next week, I'm off to San Francisco (Burlingame, technically) for an intense 12 hour/day, 5 day training on grass roots organizing. And when it's all done, I get to spend the weekend with my good pal, H-D (not to be confused with Ms. H). Very, very excited. It's like a mini-vacation from work and home, plus I get to get my activist geek on and then hang in a cool city with a very hip and cool person. She always knows the best cheap eats and cool art. And she loves public transportation, like me, though more so (she once won a grant to create and implement her own campaign to get more people to ride public transit in St. Louis). And she has a cat named Elvis -- a female cat. And she's a young adult librarian. H-D is just too cool.

If you have any S-F recommendations for me, let me know! I'll have some time Friday afternoon to chill on my own before the library releases H-D for the weekend.

No comments: