Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Week 9: Apple Juice is Dead

All right - made it to nine weeks.  Had the ultrasound on Friday and that went just swell - got to see the baby and it's little heart pounding away.  S/he was just laying in my womb, chillaxin.  I told Jason that during our friend's ultrasound, her baby was jumping around.  He replied that our baby must take after him, then.  I think s/he's going to fit right in with Team D.

Speaking of s/he thing, we of course are getting lots of questions about whether or not we're going to find out the gender of the baby and what we think we're having.  I don't want to find out what we're having - well, at least right now I don't, which is convenient, because even if I wanted to, I couldn't find out for another 11 weeks.  I feel like it's my one chance to get to know an individual without knowing their gender and all the baggage that comes with knowing.  And I like the challenge of thinking in more gender neutral terms and what my definition of male and female encompass.  For example, I just can't bring myself to buy something pink or ruffly, in case it's a boy.  I can force it on a girl, but a boy - no.  Lavender, though, I think that color would work for both.

Of course, I could change my mind and all that rationalizing goes right out the window.  Jason wants to find out.  And since he's really good at keeping secrets (too good), it will work, unless I drive myself crazy thinking about the fact that he knows and I don't.  Apparently, I love torturing myself.

As to what gender we think we're having - Jason is dead convinced it's a girl.  Now, don't get all mushy - it's not 'cause he's such a girl lover.  No, he was raised with three sisters, several aunts and several female cousins - he knows how to deal with girls.  

I think we're having a boy, maybe.  My leading theory is because I like being contrary to Jason.  Two of my girlfriends also think we're having a boy, so I might be on to something.  

No new cravings - well, I was lovin' pickles this past weekend.  Apple juice is no longer my friend - it gave me horrible stomach pains and gas bubbles, so it is dead to me now.  

And that's about it.  Thanks for reading - esp., you, Hilleri ; )

4 comments:

sunnywave said...

congratulations!!!!! I just stopped by nanimal's blog and found out the news. soooo excited for you!!!!! xoxoxoox
p.s. and being the swiss cheese brain that i am--i just remembered that we MUST have met in person. didn't we go to the brew in view one year when i was there...?

carmen said...

Hey, Cora. Congratulations. I too found out about your pregnancy through Nan's blog. Enjoy your pregnancy. My advice is to shun all advice and follow your heart. hell, you can ignore this unsolicited advice if you want. If you ever want to talk about anything, call me. Yay!!

Hilleri said...

It is fun reading your updates on baby D :)

Nanimal said...

HA... guess I'm spreading news!