Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Grumpy

Boy howdy, I'm a bit grumpy this morning. Trying to reign it in, but my day continues to challenge me in ways I am not up for.

First, I wake up (again) at 4:30 am (and not because of the crazy, neurotic rooster next door) and lie awake for an hour and half, only to fall back asleep really hard for 20 mins. before the alarm rudely jerks me awake. After caring for the kiddos, I climb back in bed and proceed to nap for the next hour and a half.

I finally pull my butt out of bed at 8 (when I'm usually arriving at work), only to have Paul attempt to smack Bella upside the head for the second time in 12 hours but he restrained himself (yay for small victories!).

Then Bella jumps up on the bed and when I try to pet her, she pees on the bed (but not very much -- another small victory!). So, I get that cleaned up and get ready for work and drive the stick to work, stalling only once (asm!).

I get to work to find out that HR hasn't a clue where the paperwork is for my intern, who is supposed to start this week, despite it being sent 2. weeks. ago. And now we have to get the paperwork again. And I have to tell my intern that we're lame.

I really, really, really hate it when I do my part and the other person drops the ball. I'm very judgemental on this, though I know I need more compassion in this department.

Whew. Okay, feeling a bit better, though I'd still rather hide under my desk.

P.S. when you're text messaging and someone else is near you and not text messaging, could you please turn the beep off for your keys? It's really, really annoying to hear all that beeping. Thx.

No comments: