It felt so weird yesterday setting my out of office message, re-recording voice mails, to say I would be gone six days and knowing it wasn't because I'd be gone for work travel.
And I left my work cell phone on my desk.
Freedom from all the drama, the dead-lines, the politics (both inner- and outer-office), phone banks, ants (we have an ant infestation), worries, commutes, e-mail and the little stupid sh*t. Work has not been fun. Last week was the best week I've had in a long time. But not so great to make me miss one thing while I'm away.
And here I am, the first day of my break, doing what? Blogging about work. D'oh!
Updates (in no particular order):
1) the increase in meds is working out fabulously, as is taking them in the morning. I'm a little curious to see if my doctor will up my dose just to see what would happen, if life could be even better.
2) Bella is still bone obsessed. But, Jason did find a bone she will actually chew and eat. Hooray! We're now trying to train her that the cats do not want her bone and that it isn't necessary for her to growl at them every time they walk past. Of course, the moment we get her trained, one of the cats (I'm looking at you Hugo) will attempt to touch and/or steal the bone.
3) I visited the San Juan Islands last weekend (Friday Harbor to be exact). Wow. Such a fantastic place. You must go. No, really, you must. And make sure to visit the camel.
4) Grandma is doing well. My parents are staying with her right now. She's walking with a cane. Still having some memory lapses.
5) Jason and I have been doing couples therapy for about two months now, and, wow, has it made a difference. My marriage totally rocks. And, Jason, well, let's just say he's the greatest spouse ever and leave it at that.
6) My good buddy, Heather, is really blossoming as a photographer. And I think it's helping her blossom as a person (I hope she's not too chagrined that I just wrote that). I am so very proud. And totally in love with her photos. And very proud. (I'm feeling lazy, being on vacation and all, so the link to her site is to your right - More Adventurous).
7) We adopted more fish! We now have 5 total - Alfie, the original, a Beta; Gypsy, a little sucker fish to clean the tank; and Fanty and Mingo, two cute orange fish that are biological cousins of the Beta. (Bonus points for those that can identify where the names for the new fish came from.) All seem to be getting along, but when Jason returned home last Sunday, he found Alfie a bit beat up and had to move him to another tank to recuperate. Not sure if it was the other fish or the tank or the "play things" in the big tank that did the damage. He is fine now and back in the big tank with the others.
8) Snow. It just won't stop. No real accumulation, but every couple days we get a snow shower. WTF? I know I live in higher elevation land, but this is just a bit silly. The tulips and trees have finally blossomed. Hopefully, the weather patterns will take a hint and start sending warmer weather our way.
Well, I should probably go brush my teeth and get out of my pjs, since my mom will be arriving soon. But, how glorious - it's 11:30 am and I'm still in my pjs and unbrushed. Yay vacation!