Sunday, January 06, 2008

Closing 2007

I had an enjoyable New Year's Eve (which included a nap around 11 pm), spent with friends and lots of wine.  I was the first one to bed - even before the 4 year old - and the last adult up the next morning.  I haven't made any "official" New Year's Resolutions, and by official, I mean things I'm calling NYR.  Back in November, I started keeping track of some changes I wanted to make, things like flossing, taking my vitamins, drinking 2 cups of green tea, etc., daily and weekly.  I'm just going to stick with that and call it good.

I was reading the blog, Superhero Journal, and she had a great post about closing 2007 (see here), and I thought I would do the exercise she suggested and share it with y'all.  Here goes:

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007? 
Making another leap of faith and moving to a new town and starting all over again with work, home and friends.  Buying another house so soon after the heartache that came from selling our first place.  For taking on the challenges of my job.  Adopting Bella and Hugo and Alfie.  Keeping up with this blog and trying to be open and honest about who I am.  Doing a radio show.  Driving Jason all the months he could not.  Giving up dairy and eggs.

2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
Losing the friendships I had in Portland (the people are still my friends but the friendships aren't the same).  Selling Carl, our first house.  The pain I have caused those closest to me and love the most.  The end of my friend's marriage.  The debt we accumulated making our move.  Ice cream.  Scrambled eggs.

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?
Thank you, 2007.  You were a hard year, but you brought rewards and insight, and ultimately delivered me to 2008 with hope and happiness in my heart.

4. What is your primary intention or theme for 2008?
Patience and acceptance.

Happy 2008.

No comments: